Tue, May 24|
Maplewood City DFL Convention
The Maplewood City DFL Convention will be held on Tuesday, May 24th, at the Sheet Metal Workers Hall, 1681 Cope Ave E, Maplewood MN 55109. Registration will begin at 5:30, and the convention will be called to order at 6:30.
Time & Location
May 24, 5:30 PM
Maplewood, 1681 Cope Ave E, Maplewood, MN 55109, USA
About the event
This event is not managed by SD 44 DFL. The Official Call is below.
ALL DFL SENATE DISTRICT DELEGATES (AND ALTERNATES IN DELEGATES’ ABSENCE) RESIDING IN THE CITY OF MAPLEWOOD
CONVENTION OF THE MAPLEWOOD CITY DFL TO ENDORSE MAPLEWOOD CITY CANDIDATES FOR MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL AND
ELECT MAPLEWOOD CITY DFL OFFICERS
MAY 24th, 2022
Sheet Metal Worker Hall
1681 Cope Avenue E #A
Registration begins at 5:30; convention called to order at 6:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order by Maplewood City DFL Chair Karla Sand
2. Adoption of Agenda
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Welcome and Recognition of Guests
5. Credentials Report and Resolution of Any Credentials Challenges Stephen Fitze
6. Election of Convention Chair
7. Appointment of Convention Secretary, Sergeant-at-Arms, Tellers,
Timekeeper, Other Assistants
8. Adoption of Rules
9. Approval of Constitution
10. Reading of Affirmative Action Statement
11. Election of Officers:
b. Vice Chair
c. Outreach and Inclusion Officer
12. Endorsements of Candidate for Mayor and Two Candidates for
City Council Seats (all four-year terms)
a. Candidate nominations
b. Candidate self-introductions
c. Question and answer period
13. Treasurer’s Report Stephen Fitze
14. Other Business
There will be a separate sign-in sheet for non-delegates.
Each candidate seeking endorsement will get one floor credential for a non-voting person
Maplewood City DFL Seeks Officers
a. Chair: It shall be the duty of the City Chair to:
* open the City Convention and follow procedures described in the Official Call;
* preside at meetings of the City Central Committee and the City Executive Committee; and
* perform all other duties incident to the office.
b. Vice Chair: It shall be the duty of the city Chair to:
* preside at Central and Executive Committee meetings and City Conventions in the absence of the
* assist the Chair in the discharge or his/her duties.
c. Outreach and Inclusion Officer: It shall be the duty of the Outreach and Inclusion Officer to:
* act to further the goals of the DFL Party concerning affirmative action, and
* be responsible for helping draft and implement the Affirmative Action Plan, taking note of all
opportunities to further the participation of minorities in the City and all under-represented persons.
* Make sure that all sites for City DFL meetings are handicapped accessible.
d. Secretary: It shall be the duty of the Secretary to:
* preserve the minutes and attendance records of all proceedings of the Executive and Central
* at the direction of the Chair, notify members of the Executive and Central Committees of meetings of
e. Treasurer: It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
* have charge of the funds of this organization, and shall make no disbursements thereof without
authority or ratification by the Executive Committee or Chair.
Convention Call to Order